Thursday, July 15, 2010

Summer in Düsseldorf

Well hello everybody! I haven't forgotten about you, I swear. I've just been busy travelling around Germany the last week and let's just say the world wide web wasn't one of my companions. My few encounters with the net we're of the quick email checking kind.
As you can tell from the title of this post, I spent a few days in Düsseldorf with my dad. And without further ado, here are the pictures
Taking a stroll along the Rhine
Street art everywhere
Mapplethorpe exhibit
Football/Soccer crazy. We watched the Spain-Germany game on a "City Beach" on a rooftop terrace.
Detail of a vintage accessory store window display
My dad's summer hat.
Almost around every street corner people were sitting outside on the curbs, having breakfast, lunch, dinner or just a cold beer
My summer travel companions: sunglasses, a good read ( Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil) and my sketchbook with a MUJI pen.
Beautiful old buildings
A stroll through the park
Nice store decor. I love the word "Demut", which means "humbleness" on top of the mirror :)
A nice little villa next to the Rhine river.
Food details.
A cozy corner at a friend's house.
Bookstore. I absolutely dig the words on the ceiling!
Detail of the summer dress I made before my trip. Too bad the black tulle is quite rough and scratching my legs :)

By now I am in Spain, with a steady interent connection. So I'll be uploading my pics from Munich and Berlin soon and posting on a more regular basis again.
Hope you're all having a great summer so far, xx


1 comment:

  1. looks like so much fun! my husband's parents just returned from a two-week trip there, too.

    ReplyDelete