Sunday, May 23, 2010

My Week In Pics


Sunshine = Smoothie Time!
These are Raspberry Craze, Ultimate Açai and Green Tea from Juice it Up!

Hello and welcome to my very colorful week in pics! Oh, and to my new blog design.[I decided it was time to change things up a little.]
As you might have seen in my previous post, I spent a lot of time this week working on updating my store. And let me tell you, it takes a lot, and I mean a lot of time to take at least 5 good pictures of every single piece of jewelry, then come up with a good and fitting name for it (if it didn't already have one) and then measure it, and add a nice and informative description for the piece and the origin of it's name....
I finally finished printing my CMYK halftone screen print - pretty intense printing I must say. CMYK always prints darker than originally intended, so it involved a lot of experimenting with quick and light squeegee strokes and re-mixing of inks on the screen. I'm happy it's done :) I printed on white fabric, so I'm thinking I'll probably make some cushion covers or appliqué the prints on some tees. I'll post the finished products.
I've started working on a new design already. My last or second to last screen printing project in class. I hope the design process comes easy and quick, as I only have 6 classes left before summer. (whaaat!?)
On friday we saw a mini Massive Attack concert at the Jimmy Kimmel show. So much for how cool it is to live in LA :) Oh, and we found out about it through twitter! And they played Teardrop.
Here is the video



Lunch at the Souplantation
My favorite is the broccoli salad. Yum!

Some of the beautiful contents of our weekly organic basket. Doesn't it all look delicious?

Working on my CMYK, four color process print. [ Here is the design]

Halfway through the printing process

My colorful printing apron.

I worked a lot on my shopnimo etsy page this week. Taking photos of jewelry, naming each piece and writing descriptions.

Mikki convinced me to download "words with friends", a scrabble game for the iPhone.Guess who is completely addicted? That would be me, of course. So we've been playing against each other all weekend long. 2 games at a time!!! Oh and on my laptop screen you get a peek on a new print design I "am" {read: should be} working on.



No comments:

Post a Comment