Wednesday, June 2, 2010

EAT. {Summer Salad}

I love this time of the year: it's nice and warm, but not too hot - so you still enjoy the sun, and you feel like having cold meals. No cooking involved - me like!
Salads: I like how you can change a few ingredients around, vary the dressing and you've got an entirely different dish. I like improvising when I cook, so I often end up randomly tossing things into the salad bowl.
This week we had a bunch of stone fruit in the organic box. Let me tell you, you can actually taste the difference in all the fresh organic produce we get in our weekly box. Ever since we first signed up for the boxes I've also come to realize just how fast organic food goes bad - wich makes you think just how artificial ordinary food from the grocery store is - and it forces you to come up with recipes quickly!

Here are the Ingredients:
1. organic lettuce
2. organic nectarines and apricots
3. organic spring onions
4. parmesan cheese
5. Olive oil, vinegar, salt, pepper to taste

Instructions:
Chop the lettuce, stone fruit and onion and put it into a large bowl.
Grate some parmesan cheese on top.
Add olive oil, salt and pepper and a fruity vinegar to taste.
Note: I used Trader Joe's Orange Muscat Champagne Vinegar. Look for raspberry vinegar for salads with fruits - it's delicious. If you don't have any fruity vinegar, just add a bit of honey and balsamic vinegar to the dressing - it's my absolute favorite. You can also replace the stone fruit with strawberries, oranges etc... or the parmesan with feta or goat cheese.

Happy salad making everybody :)

No comments:

Post a Comment