Sunday, June 27, 2010

EAT. {Stink free fish}

So I'm pretty easy with food. One thing I sometimes have trouble with is fish. I'm not a 100% sure what it is, but I'm pretty sure one important factor is texture. Don't get me wrong, I'll devour tuna sashimi in no time, I just have to feel like it.
The point I'm trying to get to, is that we've been trying to incorporate more fish in our diet, and eating less meat.
One thing that really makes me shudder is the smell of fish in the kitchen, so instead of frying it in the pan, I'd rather put it in the oven!
I found this recipe in the book "Happy Days with the Naked Chef" by Jamie Oliver. Like most of his recipes, this one really lends itself to personal variations: so that's what I did.

You'll need:
White fish fillets (I've used Hoki and Cod - I prefer the first) they can be fresh or thawed.
Cherry tomatoes or chopped normal tomatoes
Mozarella Cheese (I've also used Parmesan - and I liked both variations)
Pesto (my personal touch!)
Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper

What to do:
Preheat the oven.
Coat an oven dish with a little olive oil.
Put the fish filets on the dish.
Coat them with the pesto.
Chop tomatoes and cheese and put on top of the filets.
Salt and pepper to taste.
Bake for approx 10 min at 450ºF (230ºC)

Done! Easy or what!?


No comments:

Post a Comment