Sunday, June 13, 2010

My Week in Pics


Let's start my weekly roundup with this new NIMO. prototype: the Crossroads pendant. To me it looks a bit like a fusion of some type of cross, a pagan symbol and a compass. What do you think?

We spent most of our weekend hanging out with friends and one of the highlights was this game of monopoly. Needless to say, Mikki won (as always) and kept having doubles - all the time!

I picked up this book last week: 'blink' by Malcom Gladwell. A book about how reliable intuitive decisionmaking is - quite fascinating. It's not the type of book that I usually read (I'm more of the novel type) but it's so well written af full of short example stories, that it really pulls you in.

This is a shot of the really nice Novel Café, around the corner from our house. They have really nice sandwiches, salads, smoothies and the like. I love the tiny (mostly empty) frames against the red brick wall.

This is a shot of my last print in progress. Here I am just about to lay down the yellow. Already printed are cyan and magenta. Still to print is the black for this halftone CMYK print.

While I was waiting for the ink to dry in between colors I sat outside and a pipe broke right next to me. Quite strange.

My first coffee cake in progress, just before covering the fruit with a layer of crumbs. We've had so many stone fruits in our weekly organic boxes, that I was running out of ideas as to what to do with them. The coffe cake seemed like an ok thing to do. It turned out pretty nice. The peaches and plums gave the buttery tasting cake a nice touch of tartness.

Here are some shots I took while working on the Crossroads prototype. I'll upload a full step by step post some time next week. I also plan on working on the round Amulet pendant next week. It's a variation on a one of a kind piece I made in jewelry class in 2008 and I've gotten so many nice compliments on it, that I decided to add a version of it to the shop.

I love stumbling across textures and stickers on the street. This little pink cross on campus made me smile. I really like the combination of the cracks in the asphalt, the striped pattern of the bricks and the green grass, too. The little cross just topps it off.

Sunday ended by watching the Germany- Australia soccer game and heading to Griffith Park for a double kids Birthday party (both my friends kids have very close birthdays). The pics are of the presents, a detail shot of the cutest skirt of the now 2 year old birthday girl, and some signage of the trains in Travel Town, where the party was at.
Hope you all had a great week,
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment