Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Summer Days

While I'm spending my last few hectic days in Spain, I finally got the chance to post some more pictures of my summer. I can't believe we ended up staying two full months, instead of the one we initially planned! But it was really worth it, a lot of things have kind of naturally shifted into place and it seems like we're heading in the right direction, making way overdue decisions... but more on that on some other day. Here is a roundup of the last 3 weeks or so (I love how you loose track of time in summer). The days are still hot in this part of the world, although the nights keep getting cooler. On tuesday I'm heading north again: Düsseldorf for at least a week - while I (im-)patiently wait for the US Embassy to return my passport. Can't wait for "real" fall weather!
...............................................................................................................................
Trip to the US Embassy, Madrid
Atocha Renfe Train Station in Madrid
I have this thing for taking pictures of the street whenever I'm on a higher level - I can't help it
Getting up early to head to the Embassy
Maybe you should also watch out about the hight of your vehicle while driving a truck - just saying
...............................................................................................................................
Mikki's Birthday
Donut cake at 12:01 am (the real deal was still baking in the oven)
Boat trip with amazing views on the Marbella shore - amazing how different the city looks from the sea
The "real deal": home made carrot cake - our birthday tradition
...............................................................................................................................
Work and fun
Hard to believe, but this was work: view from the NIMO. table on Cool Beach
Detail of my table
A tiny street in Marbella's old town
The best discovery of the summer: Crusoe's freshly squeezed juices and cocktails on the beach
...............................................................................................................................
Home
"Guinea-perro" (=Guinea Dog) a neighbors dog that looked like cross between a guinea pig and a dog. Although walking seemed hard with those short legs and his fat belly, he always seemed to be smiling
First hints of Fall: color changes in the sky

No comments:

Post a Comment