Sunday, March 14, 2010

My Week In Pics

1. My table at the Urban Arts Festival at UC Irvine
2. One of the two white roses at our doorstep in Pasadena
3. The RadIsRad Tee I traded for
4. this NIMO. Rose Ribbon Necklace
5.Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter in "Alice in Wonderland"
6. Beautiful (and tasty) Mochi ice cream
7. My dad sitting in his orange Landrover in the early 80s
8. My dog, Simba, as a puppy in 1992
9. Detail of a ZARA tee
10. Sweetpotatoe fries and veggie sandwich


Wow. This sure was a colorful week! I had the chance to participate at another pop-up store event at UCI (University of California, Irvine - for those of you who might not be familiar with the american university abbreviations). Wow, what a campus - gigantic, to say the least. I later heard, that landwise it's the biggest in California. The weather this past week has been amazing, clear blue skies, everything is nice and green and flowers are blooming everywhere. Spring has finally arrived!
On saturday we had sushi dinner with friends and finally watched Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland. And? I loved it. To tell you the truth I had had my doubts about the movie, I don't know why - I guess the trailer looked a little strange (not in the good weird Burton-Depp kind of way) and I couldn't get used to the extremely colorful Mad Hatter. But the movie was great, Johnny Depp as Mad Hatter was amazing (as always) and I enjoyed every bit of it. Apart from all the characters, the amazing landscapes and the fact that it was the first movie I actually enjoyed watching in 3D, the costumes were mindblowing. Colleen Atwood surely surpassed herself again (she was also responsible for the costumes in Memories of a Geisha and Sweeney Todd).
Alice in Wonderland was like a trip down memory lane with a twist, I had forgotten how much I loved the Disney movie as a kid and it was fun to hear all the typical phrases in English and remembering them all in German (the language I watched it in as a kid).
As I don't believe in coincidences, my dad had just sent me some old photos from my childhood a few days before. One of him in the first car I remember and another one of my dog, Simba as a puppy (she passed away this winter at a stunning 17 and a half years!).
To finish off such a nice spring-time week I decided to go for a shopping stroll. Not a very successful one, I can't wrap myself around the 80s fashion, I'm sorry. Been there, done that. Not very likely to do the same mistake again. -Looking forward to the 90s though. I can already see them coming in all the torn jeans, converse shoes (I have a serious addiction), plaid shirts and old looking tees. Yeay for the nineties ;) Anyways, I really liked the military details on the ZARA tee, so I'm thinking I might customize some other shirt in that way...
and because the weather was so nice we had a couple of lunches outside and I just had to take a picture of those super orange sweet potato fries next to my delicious goat cheese veggie sandwich on rosemary bread - yum!
Anyways, I hope you all had a great week and got some rest on the weekend to get a great start into the next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment